The activities were a great way for me to visualize what I need to do. Also there were instances when we were able to go through an activity, then choose an topic & design an activity that followed the guidelines.
Upcoming Free Math Teachers’ Circle (MTC)
Topic: Fun and Reasoning with Paper Folding and Cutting
Facilitator: Dr. Sunita Vatuk (City College of New York)
Rutgers MTC: June 1, from 4:30 pm to 7:00pm
Rutgers University Busch Campus, Piscataway
RSVP by May 30 to email@example.com
Jersey Shore MTC: June 6, from 4:00 pm to 6:30pm
Toms River Intermediate North, Toms River
RSVP by June 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brainteaser: Take a rectangular sheet of paper. Try to find a way to fold it (possibly multiple times, without unfolding) so that afterwards, by cutting the folded paper along a single straight line, you cut out a square from the interior of the paper!
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to think about math problems for fun
- A chance to talk informally with other K-12 teachers
- Professional Development (PD) hours
- Free dinner* & No registration fee*
- Attend whenever you can at either location
Bring a guest! You are encouraged to bring an interested fellow math teacher (please let us know your guest’s name and email address).
For more information about Math Teachers Circles around the nation:
Math Teachers’ Circle Network: mathteacherscircle.org
For questions about the Rutgers MTC, email Iuliana at email@example.com
Organizing Committee for both MTCs
Ann Bomberger, Sayreville Middle School; Chris Keil, Toms River Intermediate South
Cecilia Arias & Iuliana Radu, Rutgers Math Department
Amy Cohen, Rutgers Math Department (Professor Emeritus)
* Support from the following is gratefully acknowledged: Math AIP at Rutgers, American Institute of Mathematics, Math Sciences Research Institute, and anonymous donation(s)