Engaging in example activities helped to demonstrate how NGSS looks like in the classroom
Math Teachers' Circle (040417)
Rutgers University, Busch Campus
Alexander T. Pond Science & Engineering Resource Center
118 Frelinghuysen Rd.
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Can you spot the math?
A mathematical exploration of the game “Spot it!”
Facilitator: Dr. Alex Kontorovich, Rutgers University
Brainteaser: In Blop kingdom, it takes 3 adult (unisex) Blops to make a baby! Each adult Blop is the parent of exactly 3 babies, and any two adults have exactly one baby in common. How many adults and how many babies are in Blop kingdom?
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to think about math problems for fun
- A chance to talk informally with other K-12 teachers
- Professional Development (PD) hours
- Free dinner* & No registration fee*
- Attend whenever you can
Bring a guest! You are encouraged to bring an interested fellow math teacher (please let us know your guest’s name and email address).
For more information & upcoming session dates: Email Iuliana at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ann Bomberger, Sayreville Middle School; Chris Keil, Toms River Intermediate North
- Cecilia Arias & Iuliana Radu, Rutgers Math Department
- Amy Cohen, Rutgers Math Department (Professor Emeritus)
* Support from the following is gratefully acknowledged: Math AIP at Rutgers, American Institute of Mathematics, Math Sciences Research Institute, and anonymous donation(s)