The activities were a great way for me to visualize what I need to do. Also there were instances when we were able to go through an activity, then choose an topic & design an activity that followed the guidelines.
Center of Mathematics, Science and Computer Education (CMSCE)
IN-DISTRICT PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
In-district Full & Half Day Training - Mentoring/Coaching - Curriculum Development - Research
The CMSCE at Rutgers University provides professional development for K-12 educators to enhance science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) teaching and learning in the classroom. Content and pedagogy experts offer research-based workshops, mentoring, and coaching in STEM related disciplines. Programs are customized to meet your district's needs. The CMSCE partners with school districts around the state on grants and other initiatives including curriculum development and research. Below is a sampling of professional development topics in mathematics, science and technology.
The below sessions are just a sampling of the types of professional development the CMSCE can provide for your district. Please contact us if you don’t see something you had in mind. The CMSCE can customize your professional development training to meet your district’s specific needs. Please contact Dawna Schultz, Director of In-district Initiatives, at email@example.com, (848) 445-3025 (office) or (908) 892-0609 (cell).
- Full Day: $1400 (if 10+ PD days, the rate is $1300)
- Half Day: $800
Select the subject area below to learn more!
- Math Teacher Circles (NEW)
- Math Content Workshops: Increasing Teachers Understanding of Math Content
- Math Common Core Standards in Action (CCSS)
- The Engaged Learner in Math- Best Practices
- Technology Integration in Math
- Higher Order Math Tasks and The PARCC
- Affective Engagement in Math
- Math Applications in the Classroom - Engineering Design Challenges
- Getting Started with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- The Engaged Learner in Science- NGSS In Action (Best Practices)
- Technology Integration & NGSS
- Cross-Cutting Concepts & STEM Connections
- The Most Critical Science & Engineering Practices
- NGSS Implementation Models
- Citizen Science
- Math Integration and NGSS-Making the Connections
- Probeware-Focus on Analysis
- Maker Education Movement – Design, Creativity, & Innovation
- Learning to Code
- Gaming to Learn
- Technological Affordances & Engagement
- Digital Portfolios & The Connected Classroom
- Mobile Devices in the Classroom – Apps and App Development
- Ask the Expert