Fall K-12 Maker Education Series
Build your MAKER SKILLS with us as we do projects together that you can take back to your classroom! New dates added!
Location: Rutgers Busch Campus - SERC Building
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
NEW Dates Added!! To register please click the registration box on the right
- Tinker Cad (November 30, 2016)
- WORKSHOP FULL! WAITLIST ONLY! Scratch and Scratch Junior (December 7, 2016)
- Cultivating the Student Maker Mindset: (Thursday, September 29)
Learn about the maker movement and explore for yourself the power of making.
- WORKSHOP FULL! WAITLIST ONLY! Computer Aided Design with Tinkercad: (Thursday, October 13)
Do you have a 3D printer and not sure what to do with it? Join us to learn how you can use CAD to make your own designs to be 3D printed (missing game pieces, part of a machine that is broken, or jewelry to name a few). CAD is a critical maker skill, helping to build students 3D thinking capabilities. Tinkercad is a simple FREE online 3D design and printing tool.
- WORKSHOP FULL! WAITLIST ONLY! Scratch Day: Interactive Stories, Art, Simulations, and Games (Thursday, October 27)
Coding is as a critical skill for all makers, so if you have been wanting to get started with coding or want to gain some advanced capabilities join us for this special session on how to code with Scratch Jr. (K-2) and Scratch (3-8). Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create interactive art, stories, simulations, and games.
- WORKSHOP FULL! WAITLIST ONLY! Virtual to Physical with Scratch: Makey Makey & Lego WeDo (Thursday, November 3)
Taking your coding from the virtual world into the physical world is the basis for robotics. Join us as we code in scratch to make things in the physical world move. We will be using the Makey Makey and Lego WeDo for the physical movement.
- WORKSHOP FULL! WAITLIST ONLY! Little Bits Day: Introduction to Electronics (Thursday, November 17)
Electronics is a basic skill for students in a makerspace. Understanding electronics is necessary if students are interested in robotics or want to design with micro-controllers like Arduino or Raspberry Pi. Join us to learn basic electronic with Little bits.
Cost (payment is requested prior to event): $75 per session
Payment (check or PO) can be sent to:
Rutgers University Center for Mathematics, Science and Computer Education
118 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
If you have any payment questions, please contact Debbie Sclafani: firstname.lastname@example.org or 848-445-4851