Math Teachers' Circle (MTC)
February 7, from 4:30 pm to 7:00pm
TOPIC: Getting tangled up with math: Fun with knots and Moebius strips
Rutgers University Busch Campus, Piscataway
Facilitators: Patrick Devlin and Rebecca Coulson, Rutgers University
RSVP by February 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Toms River: February 28 (Tuesday); April 27 (Thursday); June 6 (Tuesday)
- Can you make any of these knots with a rubber band without cutting it?
- Which of these knots are the same? Which are different?
- What does it mean for a knot to be more complicated than another?
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to think about math problems for fun
- A chance to talk informally with other K-12 teachers
- Professional Development (PD) hours
- Free dinner* & No registration fee*
- Attend whenever you can at either location
Bring a guest! You are encouraged to bring an interested fellow math teacher (please let us know your guest’s name and email address).
For more information & upcoming session dates:
- Rutgers & Jersey Shore MTC: RUMTC website
- Math Teachers’ Circle Network: mathteacherscircle.org
- Email Iuliana at email@example.com
Organizing Committee for both MTCs
- Ann Bomberger, Sayreville Middle School; Chris Keil, Toms River Intermediate North
- Cecilia Arias & Iuliana Radu, Rutgers Math Department
- Amy Cohen, Rutgers Math Department (Professor Emeritus)
* Support from the following is gratefully acknowledged: Math AIP at Rutgers, American Institute of Mathematics, Math Sciences Research Institute, and anonymous donation(s)