With the passing of NJ’s new climate change learning standards CMSCE has developed several Climate Change PDs to support schools in implementing these standards. Here is a list of several PDs that we have run that go with Climate Change. All are open to modifications based on district needs for grade levels, time windows, student groups etc… We would be happy to discuss any of the PDs and provide an agenda or further explanation.
Climate Change PD
STEM and Solutions: Integrating Climate Change Education into Cross Curricular Problem Based Learning
Jul 25, 2023 Elementary
Jul 26, 2023 Middle
Jul 27, 2023 High
8:30am - 3:30pm at the Rutgers Inn & Conference Center
Registration is FREE. Space is limited. Breakfast and lunch included.
This professional development program will explore how to connect climate change related topics with existing STEM curriculum and engage and empower students by integrating problem based learning. Separate sessions for elementary, middle school and high school educators will focus on grade level appropriate applications and promote collaboration.
- Enhance existing STEM curriculum to address the NJ Climate Change Education Student Learning Standards
- Review a wide range of resources and materials to support their teaching and learning
- Identify opportunities for problem based learning
- Collaborate with peers and share ideas
- Develop innovative lessons and unit plans to engage and inspire students
- Gain confidence to become leaders on climate change education in their district
- Earn six professional development credits
Climate Change PD Reviews & Feedback